Ask a Backpacker
Ask questions and get travel tips from other backpackers in our Facebook group.
Follow our Facebook page for travel tips, inspirational photos, videos, and stories.
Free Travel Guides
Sign up to get backpack guides to different cities in your inbox.
Get The Kit
The Euro Trip Kit is a great way to help you get started with your trip planning.
Windsor Castle Travel Guide
Hours of Operation
1) Peak SeasonFrom March to October, Windsor Castle is open to the public at 9:30am every day, including Sunday, and closes at 5:30pm with a last entrance at 4:00pm.
2) Off Peak SeasonDuring the rest of the year from November to February, the hours for Windsor Castle are from 9:45am until 4:15pm with a last entrance at 2:45pm.
3) Changing of the GuardChanging of the Guard at Windsor Castle usually takes place at 11am Mondays to Saturdays from April until the end of July and on alternate days during rest of the year, weather permitting.
1) AdultsAdmission to Windsor Castle is £21.20 for adults with a concession price of £19.30 for students with valid ID.
2) ChildrenAdmission for children under 17 years old is £12.30 and for those under 5 it's free.
3) FamiliesWindsor Castle also has a family admission price of £54.70 good for 2 adults and 3 children under 17 years old.
Best Time to Visit
As with many tourist attractions, the summer tourist season is the busiest time of year and going on the weekends is doubly so. Expect to wait in line for at least an hour during peak periods. Visitors and tour groups flock to Windsor Castle in the mornings in order to catch the changing of the guard at 11am. If you're not really interested in the show, head to the castle in the afternoon instead to avoid the mass of people.
Free Travel Guides
We regularly publish backpack guides to new cities around the world.Sign up to get a free travel guide in your inbox when they come out.